Authentic industry information through surveys, statistics, reports, studies as well information on the tourism ministry’s plans, schemes, guidance notes, tenders, etc, in addition to a space to interact with your peers
|7.61 lakh FTAs during February, 2015 as compared to 7.58 lakh FTAs during Feb, 2014
Highest percentage share of FTAs in India is from USA, followed by UK and Bangladesh
|The Ministry of Tourism compiles monthly estimates of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) on the basis of Nationality-wise, Port-wise data received from Bureau of Immigration (BOI) and Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) from tourism on the basis of data available from Reserve Bank of India. The following are the important highlights regarding FTAs and FEEs from tourism during the month of February 2015.
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs):
• FTAs during the Month of February 2015 were 7.61 lakh as compared to FTAs of 7.58 lakh during the month of February 2014 and 6.89 lakh in February 2013. There has been a growth of 0.5% in February 2015 over February 2014.
• FTAs during the period January-February 2015 were 15.52 lakh with a growth of 2.3%, as compared to the FTAs of 15.17 lakh with a growth of 7.7% in January-February 2014 over January-February 2013.
• The Percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during February 2015 among the top 15 source countries was highest from USA (13.38%) followed by UK (13.19%), Bangladesh (11.26%), Canada (4.50%),France (3.68%), Germany (3.62%), Sri Lanka (3.49%), Malaysia (3.31%), Russian Fed. (3.02%), Japan (2.69%), Australia (2.54%), China (2.43%), Thailand (2.11%), Afghanistan (1.74%) and Singapore (1.55%).
• The Percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during February 2015 among the top 15 ports was highest at Delhi Airport (33.0%) followed by Mumbai Airport (18.5%), Chennai Airport (7.6%), Haridaspur Land check post (5.6%), Bengaluru Airport (5.5%), Goa Airport (4.1%), Kolkata Airport (4.0%), Hyderabad Airport (2.7%), Cochin Airport (2.6%), Ahmedabad Airport (2.2%), Sonauli Land Check post (1.9%), Gede Land check post (1.8%), Trivandrum Airport (1.5%), Amritsar Airport (1.5%) and Tiruchirapalli Airport (1.3%).
Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) from Tourism in India in rupee terms and in US$ terms
• FEEs during the month of February 2015 were Rs 11,056 crore and FEEs in US$ terms during the month of February 2015 were US$ 1.782 billion.
• FEEs from tourism in rupee terms in January-February 2015 were Rs 22,585 crore with a growth of 1.2% as compared to the FEE of Rs 22,321 during January-February 2014.
• FEEs from tourism in US$ terms during January-February 2015 were US$ 3.636 billion with a growth of 1.3% as compared to the US$ 3.591 billion with a negative growth of 7.7% during January-February 2014 over January-February 2013.